Today I edited my code so that it is more readable and continued to work on cleaning the graphs. For most of the day, I worked on making the function that I used to calculate the angular velocity more accurate. I did this by having the change in the angle between two consecutive vectors (dθ) be equal to the arctan of the sin of the angle found by using the cross product divided by the cosine of the angle found by using the dot product (see equation below). Coding this took some time because I ran into a small error in my program which I found by the end of the day. I also read a few articles about signal processing, which is what I will be using to reduce the "noise" in the angular velocity vs time graphs.
Here is the equation that I used to make the change in angle more accurate:
Here is an image of the graph that I cleaned further with the code: